Is your garbage disposal is broken or malfunctioning? We here at Pro-Tec know disposal repair and installation. Whether your disposal is jammed or needs to be replaced, you can trust us to quickly identify and fix the problem. Our full-size trucks carry a variety of garbage disposals to meet your needs.
Disposal Repair or Replacement?
A well-maintained garbage disposal should last several years. However, like all plumbing fixtures, it will wear out and need to be replaced. So, how can you tell if your disposal only needs minor repairs or needs to be replaced altogether?
The best way to determine this is by having one of our certified technicians take a look at it. We’ll run tests and complete thorough inspections. Most importantly, we’ll give you honest answers as to whether we can fix your current disposal.
But if a replacement is needed, we will recommend a reliable new model, install it, and test for completion. In short, we aim to provide a long-lasting solution. Similarly, if you’re looking for a new disposal, call us to learn more about InSinkErator professional grade disposals.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Looking to avoid the need for disposal repair or replacement? Above all, proper maintenance is key. Here are a few tips to help you get the longest life possible out of your current garbage disposal:
- Always run your disposal with cold water.
- Keep the disposal turned on until all debris has been fully consumed.
- Once the disposal is turned off, run hot water for a couple minutes to rinse away remaining food residue.
- Avoid putting grease, fats, or vegetable scraps down the disposal.
- Pour dish soap into the disposal weekly. Wait a few minutes, then rinse it with hot water while the disposal is turned off.
- Check out our disposal blog for more.
Have questions about garbage disposal repair and maintenance? Ready to replace your disposal with a new model? Contact us.
Call the Pros at (239) 261-1000.